Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Made the Trip!



I made it to Venezuela! It was a little scary changing planes in the Caracas airport, but God took care of me and He is showing me how to depend on Him. I've had many opportunities since I arrived last Friday - I've met several Venezuelans and I've got to sit in on a bible study, church service, and home visits. I've only met a few people that speak or understand English so that has been pretty tough. I've found it very difficult to get in on conversations, or even understand them.

I met a young lady who knows English and she gave me a tour of the area last night and showed me what the downtown area looks like and drove me through different neighborhoods. Most of the houses here have lots of security - bars on the windows/doors and double locks. There was one section however that didn't have any fences or security around them which is more of an elit area. However, there was 'burros' running around loose in people's yards! How often do you see that? The other picture is one of the block where I am staying so you can get a feel for the surroundings. It's difficult to take pictures here because there are many things that you are not allowed to take pics of.

Tomorrow, we leave early in the morning for a conference in Maracay. The conference starts Friday and it will take us all day tomorrow to travel.
I look forward to the drive and what God is going to show me next.
Mary

No comments: