Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back in Louisana


I'm back in Louisiana for a few days - unthawing from my trip up north!
It was great to be back in WI to see family and friends. I also enjoyed my time visiting places in MN, IL, and ND!

We just did a full day of Crisis Response Training in Barrington, IL. It went well and it was exciting to launch this day training. Our vision is to train churches across America and prepare them for crises that exist or could happen in their communities.

I'm both excited and nervous about my trip to Venezuela this week. I leave early Friday so I should be on the ground in Punto Fijo by 8 pm that evening. I did a review on Spanish and I think I will be able to communicate a little on my own, but I will be working with a missionary there who will help me with translation. I will be looking at the process of church planting and get to see a few church plants in different stages. I'll also be able to attend an EFCA conference in Venezuela so I will meet missionaries from that country and that should be pretty exciting. We are driving quite a ways to get to the conference so I will be able to see some of the country side.

Please keep me in prayer as I take this new adventure! I'll try to stay updated with pictures and stories of my time there!

Vaya con Dios!
Mariana

No comments: