Saturday, March 14, 2009

To the Beach...






I had an opportunity to finally get out and visit the beaches here. The first day I went was in the morning and it happened to be the only day that it rained here on the penninsula! I went with a small group of people. I did get in a little sun and I was able to look for some sea shells before the rain came. I also met a young man who was making jewelry. He came and planted himself down by our little rented tent. He didn't want to take no for an answer and he was very sweet, so a few of us had him custom make a necklace and earrings for us! The beach we hung out at was near the town of Los Taques and it was called "Villa Marina" which means "little town harbor". This beach was the one that had the little huts.

The next day, there was a beach visit as well, but because we were checking out another possible spot for baptisms. There are also photos of "Maraven" beaches. This name means "sea at Venezuela". This beach is the one with the cliffs next to it - it was surrounded by a hill with bluffs. This day the sun was out more and it was very hot! The temperature here gets very warm and arid. In the afternoons, every one likes to take siestas. I've not got into this habit while I've been here, but I was very tempted today after visiting the beach!

I will have more info on what I've learned and what God's doing here in my next newsletter. If you're not on my newsletter list and would like to be, please drop me a line and I'll add you!

I hope this finds you all well back in the homeland! I'll be heading back Monday which is right around the corner. Thanks for your prayers!

In Him,
Mary (or Mar-ee as they say here!)

No comments: